Ok, I've been giving this some thought, and I think this is what I (and many other men) are looking for in a woman:
1) She's got to be nice. That's really important to me. I mean, she really has to be understanding, and willing to stand by me. I'm not perfect, not by a longshot. So she needs to be kind enough to come along side me when I mess up. Also, that's what I'd like to come home to after a hard day: A nice welcome.
2) She has to be smart, but not full of herself. I like having deep conversations, so it's important to me that she can go there with me. At the same time, I know that for all my thinking and study, I'm nothing without revelation from God (his Word), so I know there's a real limit to what I can get a handle on. So it would be great to find someone who could go deep with me, and then have a sense of humor about our inability to unravel all the mysteries of the universe!
3) It would be great to find someone who isn't afraid to fight. And I don't mean that she wants to fight, but she's not afraid of disagreements, and can sort things out then let them go. I think most men will agree with me that we like to work through stuff, come to a peaceful understanding, and then move on. So honesty is very important in a woman, as well as bravery, because if she's afraid to tell the truth then it's bad all around. I would like to find a girl who understand that "faithful are the wounds of a friend, " and won't be afraid to tell me what she thinks. (Nicely!)
4) Very important: I want to marry a woman who likes to SERVE in the church. (Not RUN the church. ) Ever since I became a Christian I've been drawn to women who are involved in ministry. And unfortunately I've come across a few too many Hillary Clinton's. I can't stand Hillary Clinton. But I love Laura Bush. If you can understand what I'm saying then you are on the right track!
5) She must be a Proverbs 31 woman, in a Miss July package. Can I get an amen out there, my brothers?!?!
(Well, at least *I* have to think she's cute!);D
Ha! Thanks for reading. Dave