By Stan Leffew
So many voices crying out for adherence and so many people confused about
values, virtues and life.
What voices are calling out to you and what voices are you listening to?
My daughter is just now enjoying her first year in life. As I listen to the
voices calling out to young ladies these days, I can't help but wonder what
the popular trend will be when she has to decide which voices she will lend
an ear to.
I hope the popular trend of the day is a video craze called, "Girls Gone
MILD!" No, that's not a misprint!
I hope "Girls Gone MILD" is popular because it depicts women in the
- As more than full-of-brandy eye candy and toys-for-boys
- As pillars in the community instead of pillows for the community
- As being more concerned about innocence lost than being "not that
- As valuing their bodies and it shows by how they use them instead of
showing them using their bodies to be valued
- As valuing being wanted for a lifetime of nights and not just a night of
- As adhering to the belief in moral decency instead of the belief that it
is indecent to be moral
- As being applauded more for lifting their skills to the world than
lifting their skirts
High hopes, you say!
Yes, maybe high hopes, maybe wishful thinking, or maybe I'm just adding my
voice to the mix.